Sunday, September 25, 2011

Poor Lessing's Almanack

http://poorlessingsalmanack.wordpress.com/

Last night I went to see a play with my friend Amy Jensen, who got us in for free since she was reviewing it for this new blog. If only I'd known earlier that being a blogger gave me press status! I'm going to have to try to take full financial advantage of this thing in the future.

Anyway, this blog is still in the developmental stage. That means, it's still trying to grow a following, and perhaps decide what it's going to be. My blog is also in this stage, in that I check the Stats bar pretty regularly to see what people are responding to. "Poor Lessing's Almanack" has a key difference from "Kachakâach": while my blog is the musings of just me, "PLA" is a collaborative effort of several professional dramaturgs, many of whom seem to adhere to the traditional American definition of the job: they do research for plays and stuff. It also seems to be tending heavily towards reviews of plays that the contributors see. In that respect, it seems that "PLA" and "Kachakâach" are heading in similar directions. I look forward to seeing what comes of this new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment