Sunday, November 6, 2011

"Coyote Hunts the Sun" Rehearsal Log, Dress Rehearsal

Last night we held our first and only dress rehearsal! And I remembered all my lines! Running them before with everybody helped. While we ran them, we painted stigmata on to Chris’ hands for the Messiah scene. He looks super badass/creepy in his black cowboy boots with his black shirt buttoned all the way up.

So we ran lines, and then we ran the show, which happened without a hitch. Darci didn’t even have any notes! She is getting nervous for tech though, because that’s going to be her one shot to learn the light-board. We’ll figure all that out on Wednesday.

Adding the costumes did give me some more information about the play, besides just how cool Chris looks as the Messiah. It didn’t seem to affect anything with Ranae – she always dresses like a teacher anyways – but adding in my hat gives me a good bit of business in the Messiah scene. In it, I have a line, “I have to go find the sun,” that I usually say as I go out the door. Chris’ line, “The sun? The sun will come in the morning. Wait here a while with me,” doesn’t seem to have the force to stop me. That’s always been an awkward part. But having the cap to put back on before I go outside does give me something to do before I open the door.

The blanket that Chris and I wear has a pretty cool effect, at least on him. I haven’t looked at the footage I took last night, so I don’t know how it looks on me. But it adds a substantial bulk to Chris in the Makataimeshkiakiak scene that makes him imposing without him having to really do anything about it.

All in all, a good rehearsal, and one that I filmed! Look forward to the commercial that I’ll be putting out on my YouTube channel (“WaylonLenk”) later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment